Some stories are timeless and transcend genre boundaries. These stories reach across barriers of time and age. All of the greatest stories have certain things in common, and in the post The Five Essential Elements of a Great Story, Archway Publishing looks at some of these key craft components.
- Protagonist – There’s a reason the Harry Potter series bears his name.
- Antagonist – Do you remember the name of the man who threw the harpoon, or the name Moby-Dick?
- An Inciting Action – World War Z was a phenomenon, largely because reader new right from the first page that something incredible had happened.
- Conflict – Would Sherlock Holmes have worked as well without the foil of Moriarty?
- Resolution – Readers invest in the stories they read; you have to reward them for that investment.
Learn more about each of these five elements in The Five Essential Elements of a Great Story!>>>
Archway Publishing is always looking for content for its blog. If you’re an Archway Publishing author and would like to share an idea for a guest blog post, please tweet the Archway Publishing Twitter account @ArchwayPub or send us a message at the Archway Publishing Facebook page.